PCOS is fully known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, it is a disorder that occurs in female. During the PCOS case, small cysts grow on the female’s ovaries. These cysts in return, stop the eggs to get out from the follicles. There are several symptoms of PCOS disorder.
Women with PCOS may face with some of the following issue
- Excess weight gain
- Hair loss
- Emotional stress and mood swings
- Women may have infertility syndrome as well due to the formation of small cysts
- A female also experiences skipped menstrual cycle, heavy bleeding during menstruation or irregular regular cycle
- Women may have unwanted hair growth on their face, back, belly or may be chest (due to increased level of male hormone- androgen)
Generally, women with PCOS syndrome have weight gaining issue or we can say more than 90% of the women with this disorder are overweight or obese.
Let’s gather some significant points about some nutrition tips to handle PCOS issue
The best thing, which a woman should do to reduce her PCOS disorder is to lose excess fat. The correct diet plan can help in decreasing the symptoms of this disorder by reducing insulin resistance.
Women with PCOS are likely to have a condition known as Insulin Resistance. This is the condition that leads to increased level of insulin in the blood and thus this causes glucose level that rises and falls too. As the insulin level goes up, it encourages female’s ovaries to produce more testosterone- this result into prevention of regular ovulation and thus affects regular menstruation.
How to have PCOS friendly diet that will be perfect for you
- Have your breakfast in good calories
It is true said that ‘eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper’ if you will follow this rule then soon you will have decent diet. Eat a bigger breakfast and smaller dinner- that may become one of the right strategies to get over PCOS issue.
Breakfast chart for PCOS women
After just waking up, you can have either warm water or herbal tea, adding 10 soaked almonds (without sugar)
You can opt any of the following in breakfast –
- Idli with Sambhar (2 piece of Idli)
- Bread (white) toast with the slices of apple or banana
- Banana and apple smoothie with flax seeds
- A cup of millet porridge
A female can have 1 cup green tea in addition with Guava in the mid-morning snack.
Choose one amongst these points
- You can eat 2 chapattis with Paneer / Egg Curry / Chicken
- Chicken Soup and Vegetable Salad
- Two whole wheat Chapatti with Pulse and curd and vegetable curd
In addition with any of the diet, add Salads and curd
- 1-2 eggs
- One glass of buttermilk and a small bowl of sprout
- Either tea or coffee (without adding sugar in it) plus you can take 2-3 fibre biscuits
- Fruit Salad (avoid banana if you have taken in the breakfast)
- 1-2 Chapatti with Raita
- Vegetable soup
- Grilled fish or Chicken with veggies (except potato)
Avoid potato completely at night diet
- Get Relax
Women with PCOS have mood swings, depression and stress, so take a bubble bath, watch interesting movies, serials or funny acts etc by doing these things you can keep yourself cheerful.
- To meet up with your expert regularly – If you found puzzling or have any questions to ask then consult with your fertility expert