Surrogacy in Kenya – blessing for childless couples
What is Surrogacy means?
Surrogacy means when another woman carries and give birth to a baby for the couple who need a child. We always recommend the couple that they should seek the legal advice before preceding the Surrogacy in Kenya as the law differ country to country.
How are Surrogates selected in kenya?
Before hiring any surrogate mothers for the Surrogacy procedure we properly look at the family background, seek her husband’s consent, properly do the physical and medical check – ups and also screen her for injections, viral, personal habits, her children health etc. We always prefer to hire the married women with kids as a surrogate mother as this procedure required a lot of emotional support. The surrogate is the legal mother of the newborn, so before we start the procedure an agreement signed between both the parties and the surrogate mother is agreed to sign the consent where it is mentioned that she deliver the baby and hand over to the intended parents. The intended parents get the certificate from the court that they are the legal parents of the newborn and the surrogate mother has no relationship left with a newborn.
How does Surrogacy procedure works in kenya?
Surrogacy procedure is of two types (i) Traditional surrogacy, (ii) Gestational surrogacy
• Traditional Surrogacy: is a procedure in which women get artificially inseminated with the father’s sperm and she carries the baby and delivers it for the intended parents. In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate is the biological mother of the newborn as her eggs were used for this procedure.
• Gestational surrogacy: is the procedure in which the eggs of the intended mother is fertilized with the sperm of the intended father and after that, the embryo is placed in the uterus of the gestational mother. The surrogate then carries the baby until birth and she doesn’t have any genetic ties with the newborn as her eggs are not used for this procedure.
In Kenya, the fertility experts mostly prefer the gestational surrogacy as it is less complicated and the intended parents have the genetic ties with their own baby. In Kenya, the gestational surrogacy becomes more common than traditional surrogacy.
Who uses Surrogate mothers?
In Kenya, the women require the surrogate mothers for several reasons:
• Medical problem with their uterus
• Women who had the hysterectomy due to which their uterus has been removed.
• Conditions which make pregnancy difficult or risky for the women such as severe heart disease, diabetes etc.
• Surrogacy also made parenthood possible for those people who might not be able to adopt a child due to age factor or marital status.
• Surrogacy in Kenya is the best option for the couples who had tried all other assisted methods but failed to conceive.
The live success birth rate of Surrogacy in Kenya is around 70 to 80% which is quite high among the other western countries and the fertility experts here provide the best medical and personal care to both the surrogates and the intended parents throughout the surrogacy procedure. The fertility experts here will offer you the same high-quality standard as an international standard but at low-cost. They offer the treatment at the affordable cost which suits to the pocket of every individual.