Endometriosis causes painful periods, continuous pains in pelvic area, infertility issues and other symptoms, and these symptoms vary from mild pain and even lead to severe pain and treatment for these types of pain includes painkillers, hormonal treatment and surgery.
What is endometriosis?
Endometrium is basically the tissue that grows inside the lining of uterus.
Endometriosis is a condition in which endometrial tissue is found growing outside the uterus. It is usually trapped in pelvic area and lower abdominal region and is rarely found in other areas of the body.
How endometriosis grows?
The cause for endometriosis is still unknown because many women’s have endometriosis without any symptoms, or minor symptoms which due to negligence don’t get treated or diagnosed.
If the symptoms starts developing they begin at the age of 25 -40 years, often it happens that symptoms begins in the teenage. Endometriosis affects the women in the following ways:
- It sometimes run’s in the family; therefore endometriosis is more common in family.
- It is found rare in women past menopause as you need to generate estrogen to develop endometriosis, and oestrogen level starts falling after menopause.
- The combination of oral contraceptive pills also called “pills” reduced the chances of developing endometriosis.
Symptoms of endometriosis
The following are the symptoms of endometriosis:
- Painful periods
- Painful intercourse
- Pain in lower abdominal and pelvic area
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Difficulty in conceiving
- Other unidentified symptoms
Surgery for endometriosis
Most often surgeries are also advised for the removal of larger patches endometriosis, there are varieties of techniques that can be used as well. The general points for the treatment of endometriosis are as follows:
- Initial treatment without a conclusive diagnosis is advisable
- Depending upon the type of symptoms treatment is done
- Success and its side effects
- Age and couples plan about conceiving
- Length of treatment
- Recurrences of the endometriosis